First Baptist Church of Friendsville is looking for a part-time worship leader. The style is blended. There is a choir, approximately ten musicians and a dedicated A/V team. If you have interest in the position and would like to discuss it further, please contact Bill Gowder (Sr. Pastor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oakwood Baptist Church is seeking a caregiver for Pre-school and Toddlers every Sunday, 9:15–12:15.
You must be trained in CPR and submit to a background screening.
CALL 865-748-1584 to apply.
New Hopewell Baptist Church is seeking a part-time Children’s Director
Please send resumes to the church: New Hopewell Baptist Church, 943 Kimberlin Heights Rd, Knoxville, TN 37920
or call the church office: 865-577-6737
Mt. Carmel Baptist Church is seeking a Part-time Minister of Music.
The primary responsibilities of the part-time worship leader will be to lead and grow the music worship ministry at Mt. Carmel Baptist Church.
Please send resumes to: MTCARMELBP6915@ATT.NET
Sunday Morning @ 10:45
Sunday Evening at 6:30
Wednesday Evening @ 6:30
Adult Choir Practices (Day & time to be determined)
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Be accountable to and work under the direction of the Pastor within the general guidelines stated in this job description.
2. Represent Christ and the best interests of Mt. Carmel Baptist Church in the areas of personal habits, speech, attitudes and actions.
3. Coordinate the church music ministry with the calendar and emphasis of the church.
4. Direct the choir and congregational singing. Be involved, if needed, with other music ministries of the church.
5. Attend staff meetings as needed for the worship ministry.
6. Order and maintain musical materials, supplies, and other music equipment for use in the church’s music programs.
7. In the event of an absence, the Minister of Music will notify the pastor and arrange his replacement.
8. Notify the pianist and/or organist and church secretary by Wednesday morning each week of the music that is to be presented the following Sunday.
Any person spending church money would be required to fill out an expense report account for all money handled. Receipts should be provided for all expenditures but mandatory for expenditures of $25.00 and above. Expense reports and receipts to be given to church secretary and/or treasurer for budgeting.
Thorn Grove Baptist Church in Strawberry Plains, TN is seeking a Full-Time Next Generation Pastor.
The pastor will serve alongside the pastor, staff, and lay leaders of the church. He will be a champion of the next generation, which includes children (grades 1-5), students (grades 6-12), young adults (volunteers), and young families (parents) by helping them to connect with Christ and His Church, grow in their faith, serve with purpose, and multiply through disciple-making.
The pastor will be responsible for building young disciples for Christ by developing, implementing, and overseeing a strategic and comprehensive approach to all next generation ministries (grades 1-12). He will also develop a “spiritual pro-family culture” by ministering to students, partnering with parents, and encouraging congregational involvement across generational lines. Candidates must have at least 3-5 years of ministry experience and an undergraduate and seminary degree is preferred. Compensation is TBD based on experience and education.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Job Description for the Next Generation Pastor
The Next Generation Pastor will be a man who is called by God to serve alongside the pastor, staff, and lay leaders of Thorn Grove Baptist Church. He will be a champion of the next generation, which in the context of Thorn Grove, includes children (grades 1-5), students (grades 6-12), young adults (volunteers), and young families (parents) by helping them to connect with Christ and His Church, grow in their faith, serve with purpose, and multiply through disciple-making so that they may mature into future leaders of the church (Proverbs 22:6; Colossians 1:28).
- To build young disciples for Christ by developing, implementing, and overseeing a strategic and comprehensive approach to all next generation ministries (grades 1-12).
- To develop a “spiritual pro-family culture” by ministering to students, partnering with parents, and encouraging congregational involvement across generational lines.
He will be responsible to the pastor and will meet weekly with him for prayer, encouragement, planning, and ministry support. The personnel committee and pastor will conduct an annual performance review.
- Born again, baptized believer and a member of the church, who adheres to the beliefs of Thorn Grove Baptist Church as set forth in the Baptist Faith and Message (2000) and supports the constitution and by-laws adopted by the church.
- Called by God to teach/preach the gospel and communicate it effectively (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1).
- Growing in a love relationship with Jesus Christ modeled in his actions, attitude, words, and deeds.
- Faithfully committed to prayer and the ministry of the Word of God (Acts 6:1-7).
- He must be a champion of the “next generation.” This includes a desire to see the lives of children, students, young adults, and parents being changed by the gospel.
- A strong understanding of the Scriptures. Undergraduate and seminary degree preferred.
- Possess a pastoral influence, strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to effectively preach and teach outside of his concentrated ministries.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, healthy relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Trustworthy and hold in confidence personal and private matters.
- Proven desire to educate, equip, empower, and release volunteers to work in the next generation ministry.
- At least 3-5 years of ministry experience with children and students with an understanding of today’s culture and the ability to function and communicate the gospel within it.
- Work with the pastor and church leadership to create a comprehensive plan for the next generation ministry. This includes aligning all next generation programs and functions with the church’s overall mission, vision, and purpose statement.
- Provide vision and leadership to children (grades 1-5), students (grades 6-12), young adults (volunteers), and young families (parents) that will encourage spiritual growth and integration into the church.
- Be an advocate for children, students, young adults, and young families and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns, and needs of the next generation in the local church and community.
- Encourage the cultivation of community development across generational lines. This includes finding ways to involve the next generation in different ministries of the church and creating more opportunities for adults to invest in the next generation ministry.
- Direct, plan, promote, coordinate, implement, and manage all next generation programs and functions with the pastor, staff, lay leaders, and ministry volunteers (includes Sunday school, AWANA, Sunday evening discipleship, Wednesday evening activities, outreach/bridge events, retreats, VBS, camps, mission trips, conferences, special programs, etc.)
- Make ministry decisions in cooperation with pastor, staff, and lay leaders. This includes evaluating ministries, developing new programs, enhancing current programs, approving curriculum, enlisting workers, communicating information effectively, and promoting the overall ministry.
- Create a safe and secure learning environment for the next generation (This may include conducting background checks, developing and maintaining a child protection policy, security checks, etc.)
- Provide leadership and serve as shepherd to next generation workers.
- Organize training and planning sessions for next generation workers.
- Work with ministry leaders in developing an annual ministry plan and then preparing and submitting an annual budget for the finance committee’s consideration and approval.
- Mentor children and students in developing leadership skills.
- Assist children, students, and parents as they transition from one ministry setting to the next.
- Effectively communicate with parents/guardians and partner with them to give them spiritual guidance and direction in ministering to the spiritual needs of their children.
- Maintain a visible presence in the community (includes visiting schools, attending sporting events, etc.)
- Work with the missions committee and ministry leaders to educate, equip, and engage the next generation in local and global outreach opportunities. This may include leading local bridge events, mission projects, and mission trips.
- Recruit and train volunteers. This includes working with the nominating committee to enlist workers for the next generation ministries.
- Work with the nominating committee to foster a welcoming culture that mobilizes the church to reach those who are not yet connected to Christ and His Church.
- Assist the pastor in developing a small group strategy that will help the next generation connect with others and grow in their faith.
- Assist the pastor with preaching, pastoral care (prayer, hospital visits, counseling), assimilation, and the discipleship of young families.
- Participate in training opportunities and continuing education.
- Work with the pastor and staff to be a learner of the next generation, and help to identify adaptive changes that will help Thorn Grove to continue to thrive now and in the future.
Church Secretary Position Available
Full time position with benefits:
We are looking for an outgoing person able to work well with others in a team environment who exhibits, love, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Must have the following skill sets:
Communication skills to include verbal and written; proficient in use of office equipment and knowledgeable with software products including, Word, Publisher, Excel and some experience with QuickBooks preferred.
All applicants please forward resume with references to:
Seymour First Baptist Church Personnel Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Galilee Baptist Church is seeking a part-time Worship Pastor. Galilee is a small church in South Knoxville.
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Meridian Baptist Church at 6513 Chapman Hwy. Knoxville, TN is seeking a cook/hostess for their weekly meals and special occasion meals.
Call the church office 865-577-6617 for more information.
Clear Springs Baptist Church in Mascot is seeking the Lord’s will for a bi-vocational Minister of Music.
If the Lord so directs, please send an email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description for Ministry Assistant for Ball Camp Baptist Church
Ball Camp Baptist Church is looking for a new Ministry Assistant to work with the staff and assist them in their ministry. The hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. If you are interested, please submit your resume to the church office by e-mail at email@example.com.
The Ministry Assistant will work closely with the church ministerial staff to accomplish the ministry of Ball Camp Baptist Church and will be responsible for ensuring a well-organized and functioning church office. The Ministry Assistant will convey a loving and caring attitude to the visitors and members of Ball Camp Baptist Church.
a) Work in an organizational support role with the Senior Minister, all staff employees and leaders of leadership teams and committees. Serve as the central source of information for general church programs.
b) Assist the Parents Day Out program as requested including interfacing with parents and children.
c) Maintain a schedule/calendar of church events and activities to avoid scheduling conflicts.
d) Coordinate the use of church facilities for meetings and activities.
e) Maintain all files and church records.
f) Process all invoices, including Visa, Lowes and Sam’s Club credit cards, making sure all receipts are attached and issue payment requests to Church Treasurer for payments.
g) Ensure the current approved budget is being followed.
h) Coordinate all internal and external church communications (leadership team meetings, committee meetings, and general church announcements). Maintain electronic media such as social media and the church website.
i) Serve as the office receptionist, greeting all visitors and employees that come into the office.
j) Work in an organizational and clerical support role with the Church staff.
k) Receive telephone calls and direct them to the proper staff employee; receive and distribute incoming mail
l) Prepare documents, brochures and letters for review/approval of the Church staff.
m) Requisition and maintain all office supplies.
n) Prepare weekly worship service bulletins.
o) Attend Together Leadership Team meetings to assist in maintaining a schedule/calendar of church events and activities and to avoid scheduling conflicts with the use of specific facilities.
p) Perform other duties or assistance as requested by the Church staff.
a) Requires a high school diploma. Five years of experience in a similar position is preferred.
b) Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
c) Requires a commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records of the church, staff, and the members.
d) Requires a commitment to living out Biblical principles and teachings both in his/her professional and personal life.
e) Requires compliance with all established church policies and procedures as well as the applicable federal and state laws.
f) Requires passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks.